Chiropractic education

Chiropractors must complete a full 4-6-year university degree.

“Kiropraktikko” (chiropractor) is a professional title which is both registered and supervised by the “Sosiaali- ja terveysalan lupa- ja valvontavirasto Valviran” [National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health Valvira] (formerly known as “Terveydenhuollon oikeusturvakeskus” in Finnish). The title can only be used by a person who has a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree from an accredited school approved by the Council in Chiropractic Education (CCE). A chiropractor who is registered by the National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health Valvira (Finland) is under healthcare law and supervision.

You can see your chiropractor’s education/training on the following pages: